As per Healing Grove’s IRS application, the following requirements are required in order to qualify for a reduced fee charity care membership.
- Provide evidence showing that one or more family members are uninsured (note that emergency Medi-Cal is not insurance).
- Provide documentation showing that the family qualifies as Extremely Low Income (ELI) by HUD definition ($49,700 for a family of four in 2021)
- Enrollment priority is given to people who live in one of the following low income census tracts with a high rate of uninsured people near HGHC:
5017, 5018, 5031.12, 5031.13, 5031.22, 5016 (a map of the area is available here)
- Reduced fee member families must commit to make HGHC their family’s primary care providers (e.g. they will not seek care from multiple different clinics).
Reasons for Denial
HGHC may deny requests for Charity Care for a variety of reasons including, but not limited to:
- Patient does not meet Eligibility requirements outlined above.
- Too many reduced fee members are already enrolled in the practice.
In order to provide excellent care in line with our mission, each HGHC provider is limited to 300 paying members and 600 reduced fee members.
Annual Reports and Financial Statements:
- FY2020 Audited Financials available for public review, for the fiscal year ending 5/31/2021.
- FY2019 Form 990
- FY2020 Form 990
- FY2021 Form 990